Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Have Your People Call My People

I just had a GREAT phone call with my mom.

She couldn't really talk because Carol was with her helping her sort out some paperwork. She'd had breakfast and was trying to organize some stuff in her room. She sounded very bright and busy.

I told her I was going to come by a little later and she said to let her know first because she might be in the middle of something! She wants to go to the 3 p.m. voter registration seminar (she's leaning toward vote-by-mail). I told her I would be sure to text before I came over.

YIPEE!!

I have honestly fantasized of such a phone call -- I didn't think it would happen so soon but I am so thrilled for her, for me and my sis, for everyone.

She already seems to be bouncing back from the physical toll of prepping and executing the move itself. Granted, her belongings will not arrive until Friday morning (oh, THAT will be some fun) and I know she hasn't really had time to miss Kentucky in any significant way yet. So there are plenty more issues and obstacles to face. But to see her already enjoying herself feels fanastic.

On my end: I'm about halfway through unpacking my one small suitcase -- only because I can't seem to focus on any task too long. I'm forgetful and spacey and tired -- not to mention there are plenty of emotions I'm trying to sort through myself.  I kind of expected that would happen once I got home. I rallied to get mom here and in the process kind of drained my mental/emotional bank account. It's going to take a little time to build it back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment