Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Use Your Head!

When mom and I walked over to meet her new doctor today, it was 85 degrees and sunny. The office building was pretty much across the street from her residence.

Gotta love that! And we do.

Despite the beautiful weather, mom's knee was hurting a lot. The doc gave her a cortisone shot which seemed to hurt A LOT! All I know is, I would not want a needle going into my knee that way. Ick! However, it's supposed to help and mom is really interested in getting rid of that walker. I have to admit, it sometimes seems like the walker is as hazardous as her trying to walk without it! There are pretty harrowing (or at least interesting and funny) moments during mom's operation of "this contraption," as she called it today.

My favorite thus far: to get into her apartment door, she stopped in the hallway with the walker pressed against the door, turned the key in the lock and then used HER HEAD to push the door open and proceed forward with the walker!!! I can NOT believe I didn't have my camera ready for that one. Shame on me!

I'll try to do better next time, I promise.

1 comment:

  1. So your Mom head-butted the door like a kittie? Cute! -- Jacquie

    ReplyDelete