Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Going Viral

Soon my mom will know about this blog. So will her family and friends. And anyone on the world wide web who finds our little sojourn an interesting read.

She'll be surprised and curious and thrilled. She's always been a big fan of my "work," all the way back to that decorative Thanksgiving plate I made in Brownies with my drawing of a turkey saying, "Goble" (sic). Awwww! (And, yes, it made the cut of mementos slated for packing and moving.)

But this is a wee bit different. This blog is in large part about impressions of HER life and I'm about to spend a considerable amount of time, energy and megabytes commenting on that, exposing it and (let's not forget) laughing about it. Although I don't want to sell my mom short. The truth is one of her most outstanding qualities is her ability to REALLY laugh at herself so she may not mind at all. I guess we'll soon find out.

Mom, how about we make a deal:. If you end up hating all this publicity and wanting revenge on me, I promise I will teach you how to blog once you're settled into your new pad in California. Then you can set the record straight!

Love, Mare

No comments:

Post a Comment