Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ruh Roh!

I've just hung up with my sister on the front lines. She flew to Kentucky today to help mom with the final push before the moving truck comes next week.

Except according to Ruth, there is "a lot left to be done."

*Gulp*

We didn't talk long because she wanted to check in with her family in Glendale, Ca., and then go back to the basement to sort more of mom's things. Apparently the distinct categories we left behind during our trip a few weeks back have been lost quite literally in the shuffle.

Then I spoke to my mom. She sounded disappointed and apologetic that she "hadn't made much progress." I reminded her that she's been doing a great deal, it's just that there is so much to be done. I encouraged her to wind down for the evening (it's her bedtime there) and tell me about anything other than her piles of stuff. It was a challenge but she managed to come up with a few topics of conversation (NCAA basketball and the weather).

My sister will be working her little fingers to the bone the rest of tonight, Monday and part of Tuesday. She will fly back to Los Angeles at the same time I am flying into Louisville -- like a baton pass in an Olympic relay race.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment