Saturday, March 19, 2011

Why Knee?

I am so tired right now.

Mom's knee went out this afternoon & she can barely walk. Actually she can't walk at all without a cane & even then she needs help getting up & down. Her balance is not great anyway so this is not good.

Mercifully her spirits are good (we even had a couple of giggle fits from the urgent care back home) but she is in a lot of pain.

On my end of things, her inability to walk by herself just made our trip extremely complicated. I'm almost feeling despairing, which I'm sure is an overreaction fueled by exhaustion. But this development adds a huge factor to the physical demands I face during travel, not to mention my concern that she could fall. She is completely worn out getting up from a chair to walk to the bathroom. Now she's supposed to spend five plus days in and out of a car?

I have to go to sleep. Maybe things won't look so difficult after a night's rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment